Debra A. Villa
Ms. Villa joined Jennings Strouss over 28 years ago and assists the attorneys in the firm’s bankruptcy and corporate departments.
- P 602.495.2721
- F 602.495-2829
- Peoria, AZ
- Estate Planning
Glendale Community College (1978 – 1979)
Trevor G. Browne High School, Phoenix, AZ (1978)
Ms. Villa joined Jennings Strouss over 28 years ago and assists the attorneys in the firm’s bankruptcy and corporate departments. Throughout her career, she has worked in many areas of law and has a broad range of experience in litigation, corporate, probate, and estate planning matters. For the past 8 years, Ms. Villa has worked in the firm’s Peoria office with David Brnilovich and Garrett J. Olexa, primarily in the areas of litigation, probate, and estate planning.
- Case management of several large litigation files in various types of litigation including, real estate, commercial, product liability, insurance defense, and personal injury. Assist attorneys with drafting pleadings, preparing disclosure statements and discovery, conducting research, and preparing for trial and assisting in the trial. Responsible for communication with clients and keeping clients informed of the status of the case
- Provides assistance to attorneys on collection matters for several clients in and outside of Arizona, including assisting with drafting demand letters, complaints, defaults, judgments, and stipulated judgment packages, enforcement of judgments through earnings and non-earnings garnishment, maintaining garnishment logs, and preparing quarterly reports. Also responsible for drafting judgment renewals
- Assists attorneys in the preparation of all documents needed to initiate probate proceedings, both formally and informally, to have the personal representative appointed, to prepare inventories for estates, and to get assets of the estate distributed.
- Assists attorneys in guardianship and conservatorship matters, including drafting an annual report of guardian, an annual accounting of conservator and budget forms for court accountant
- Assists with the preparation of wills, powers of attorney, health care powers of attorney, living wills, trust documents, trust amendments, and deeds transferring property to trust
- Assist in drafting organizational documents for the setting up of LLCs and corporations, complying with the Arizona Corporation Commissions rules, and drafting operating agreements, minutes, bylaws and amendments
- Spanish (Conversational)