Daniel J.F. Peabody
Mr. Peabody has a developed practice in several areas of law. In particular, he has experience in probate litigation, commercial litigation, and labor and employment matters.
- P 602.262.5839
- F 602.495.2681
- Phoenix, AZ
- Labor and Employment
- Probate Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
J.D., Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law (2017)
- cum laude
- Executive Managing Editor, Arizona State Law Journal
- Teaching Assistant: Federal Income Taxation; Legal Advocacy; Legal Method and Writing
- Pro Bono Highest Distinction
B.S./B.A., Arizona State University (2012)
- magna cum laude
Mr. Peabody has a developed practice in several areas of law. In particular, he has experience in probate litigation, commercial litigation, and labor and employment matters. Mr. Peabody focuses his labor and employment practice on assisting employers in preventing and defending against discrimination, retaliation, harassment, wrongful termination, and wage and hour audits. His labor and employment practice also includes litigation related to, and the drafting of, non-solicitation and non-compete agreements.
Mr. Peabody also appears regularly in probate court, where he has experience representing fiduciaries and beneficiaries in trust and estate matters. As one of the few attorneys on the Maricopa County probate court-appointed counsel list, he represents family members of adults in need of protection through a conservatorship or guardianship.
Mr. Peabody also regularly engages in pro bono work, including working with several legal clinics and defending non-profits in employment related matters.
Mr. Peabody graduated from Arizona State University in May 2012 with a B.S. in Economics and a B.A. in Political Science. He attended Arizona State University Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, where he earned his J.D. in 2017. Mr. Peabody was a Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Kent Cattani at the Arizona Court of Appeals.
Admitted to Practice
Media and Presentations
- “Phoenix law firm gives ASU Law grads meaningful opportunities to work where they studied,” Quoted, Arizona State University Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law (July 27, 2020)
- “Target Discrimination: Protecting the Second Amendment Rights of Women and Minorities,” Author, 48 ARIZ. St. L.J. 883 (2016).
- “Vaccination Mandate: How Employers Can Prepare,” Author, Jennings Strouss Blog (October 11, 2021)
- “Employer Considerations for COVID-19 Vaccines,” Author, Jennings Strouss Blog (March 5, 2021)
- “Reopening Arizona: Gyms Must Comply with New ADHS Requirements,” Author, Jennings Strouss Blog (August 10, 2020)
- “The Families First Coronavirus Response Act Expands FMLA Rights and Provides for Paid Sick Leave,” Co-Author, Jennings Strouss Blog (March 19, 2020)
- “#NewYearNewMeWageLaws: Arizona’s Minimum Wage Increased Nearly 10% on January 1, 2020,” Co Author, Jennings Strouss Blog (January 13, 2020)
- “To Withhold or not Withhold – the Risk of Wage Withholdings,” Jennings Strouss Blog (April 4, 2019)
- “A New Ruling on the Arizona Medical Marijuana Act: Did Your Drug Testing Policy Just Go Up in Smoke?” Employment Law Times (February 20, 2019)
- “Labor & Employment Fall Webinar,” Panelist, Jennings, Strouss & Salmon (November 4, 2021)
- “Tips for an Effective Appeal,” Asimou & Associates (May 19, 2021)
State Bar of Arizona
- Member, Finance Committee (2020 – present)
Mountain Park Community Health Legal Clinic
- Volunteer (2019 – present)
Teach for America (2012 – 2014)
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a beneficiary of valuable land trust who sought removal of several co-trustees.
- Defended a million-dollar default judgment through a motion to set aside and successfully defended the appeal.
- Represent numerous fiduciaries in conservatorship and guardianship matters.
- Represent numerous adults for whom a guardianship or conservatorship is sought.
Labor and Employment
- Assist employers with drafting employment agreements; employee handbooks; nonsolicitation, noncompete, and nondisclosure agreements; independent contractor agreements; and other employer/employee related documents.
- Assist employers in discrimination, wage and hour, and other employment related lawsuits.
Honors and Awards
- Mountain Park Health Center Attorney of the Year (2022)
- Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Stars®, Employment & Labor (2022)