Janet H. Linton
Ms. Linton is a trial attorney who practices in the area of civil litigation defense, including legal malpractice, medical malpractice, ethics proceedings, and personal injury.
- P 520.618.1055
- F 520.618.1069
- Tucson, AZ
- Legal Malpractice Defense
- Professional Liability
- Tort and Insurance Defense
- Medical Malpractice Defense
J.D., University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law (2006)
B.A., Georgetown University (2001)
- cum laude
Ms. Linton is a trial attorney who practices in the area of civil litigation defense, including legal malpractice, ethics proceedings, and personal injury. Her practice also includes other professional malpractice, insurance defense, wrongful death, appellate work on both the State and Federal levels, as well as general commercial litigation. Ms. Linton currently serves as the Chair of the Firm’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee.
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Currently represents attorneys in legal malpractice litigation and in front of the State Bar of Arizona.
- Currently represents hotels, apartment complexes and businesses in premises liability cases.
- Currently represents international corporations and the insureds of national insurance carriers in personal injury, wrongful death, and general negligence litigation.
- Defended numerous commercial disputes involving breach of contract, and defended an international corporation against a $5 million breach of contract claim.
- Boisson v. Arizona Bd. Of Regents, et. Al, 236 Ariz. 619 (App. 2015): Wrongful Death Case and Duty of a Study Abroad Program
Media and Presentations
- “The Case For and Against the ‘Case Within the Case’,” Co-author, Professional Liability Defense Quarterly (Winter 2011)
- “Shifting Landscapes: Adapting Your Firm to Emerging Threats,” Annual Presentation to CNA Insurance Company’s Lawyers Professional Liability Insureds (2018-2019)
- “Navigating a Civil Trial: What All Trial Attorneys Should Know,” State Bar of Arizona (2015)
Jennings Strouss Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee
Arizona Bar Association
- Civil Practice and Procedure Rules Committee, Member
Tucson Defense Bar
Pima County Bar
Professional Liability Defense Federation (PLDF)
Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
- Chair, Board of Directors
Arizona State Bar Civil Practice and Procedure Committee
Volunteer Lawyers Program
Honors and Awards
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated™, Martindale-Hubbell®
- Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Stars® (2012 – 2019)