Mergers & Acquisitions Law
Arizona Mergers & Acquisition Lawyers
Jennings Strouss merger and acquisition attorneys have provided counsel and assistance to businesses, small and large, local and global in the areas of mergers and acquisitions. The complexity of these transactions and their time-intensive nature requires expertise from several areas of the law, led by experienced merger and acquisition counsel who can coordinate the transaction team's efforts. Our merger and acquisition lawyers work together to help clients identify and utilize innovative solutions to meet their needs. We assist our clients in handling corporate, securities, tax, intellectual property, antitrust, banking and corporate finance, environmental, labor and employment, products liability and litigation aspects of those transactions, among other aspects of the matters.
Our experience includes stock and asset purchases and sales, mergers, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations and acquisition of assets from bankruptcy entities. We have broad experience in transactions involving many industries and types of companies, both U.S. and foreign, so we can help use relevant experience and knowledge of industry practices to benefit our clients.
The firm's clients include buyers and sellers, as well as other parties to transactions, such as investment bankers, buyout funds, bankruptcy trustees and special committees. Our merger and acquisition lawyers regularly provide guidance to clients throughout all phases of a merger or acquisition transaction, from early evaluation of a transaction, through due diligence, negotiation, documentation and closing of the deal, as well as in integration of the acquired company, employees and assets into their organization. We regularly prepare letters of intent, acquisition, merger, confidentiality, standstill and similar agreements, financing documents, proxy statements, and legal opinions. We advise on the tax, securities law, corporate governance, employment, employee benefits, real estate, environmental, financing and other aspects of transactions.
Our merger and acquisition attorneys can also assist companies in implementing measures to defend against unwanted acquisitions or to protect their interests in the event of a change-in-control. We also counsel boards and senior management on their legal and fiduciary duties in responding to potential transactions and implementing appropriate measures.
- Represented clients in numerous acquisitions of companies and assets in transactions ranging up to $1.8 billion, and represented sellers of assets and divisions in transactions ranging up to $11 billion
- Represented an SEC registered commercial finance company in restructuring its $11 billion of debt and related corporate transactions
- Counseled corporate clients on defensive measures to protect against hostile takeovers
- Represented Fortune "100" company in federal multi-district litigation concerning failed corporate merger and acquisition
- Represented parties in the following mergers: Helifly/Boeing, Boeing/MD Helicopters, Sikorsky/MD Helicopters, Flight Trails Acquisition
- Counseled several financial institutions in acquisitions, including Chase Manhattan Corp. in $89 million cash acquisition of the stock of Continental Bancorp and its subsidiary Continental Bank of Scottsdale, Arizona
- Counseled corporations in purchases and sales in amounts involving traditional asset based financing, bond financing and purchases from the sale of assets from entities in Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Represented the buyer of a substantial steel fabricating business to a large, publicly held steel company, totaling over $7 million
- Represented buyers in acquisitions of a pigment producing R&D/manufacturing operation for assets over $2.1 million
- Represented party in acquisition of a chemical producing plant with assets about $29 million for this acquisition
- Represented buyers and sellers of businesses in numerous industries, including manufacturing, insurance, product testing, services, construction, finance, telecommunications, radio, legal services and other fields