Take a lead role on the help desk team, organizing day-to-day activities and managing support calls. Collaborate and mentor IT Support Specialist members with more difficult questions, and provide additional training to the team. Communicate with end users on the status of outstanding issues while being involved with daily help desk calls.
Keep team informed by providing ongoing training sessions for IT Support Specialists. Maintain and share knowledge about new and existing products, encourage the team to focus on standard responses, and educate team members on how to provide helpful software tips to end users.
Conduct product research and development for desktop programs while assisting with the firm’s Windows10/Office 2016 desktop deployment. Research and resolve issues involving application integration and reliability within a test and production environment.
Work with vendors to maintain a suite of applications and provide technical and business solutions for both short- and long-term strategies, plans, and direction for the suite of applications.
Be knowledgeable on Microsoft SharePoint to maintain and develop advanced features on the firm’s Intranet. Work with firm’s department administrators to design, build, and implement an Intranet that coincides with the firm’s culture.
Assist with developing, maintaining, and training end-users on firms’ Client Relationship Management software, InterAction.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Think analytically and have a keen ability to solve complicated software and hardware problems through reference manuals, internet searches, technical blogs, etc.
- Willingness and ability to learn, master, use, and support new and upgraded technologies.
- Ability to self-manage, have excellent organizational skills and be competent to complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Possess strong customer service skills in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrate strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to listen, evaluate, and make inquiries to understand issues and provide solutions.
- Be detail-oriented.
- Recognize inefficiencies in project management and contribute alternative processes for better workflow.
- Be team-oriented and skilled at working within a collaborative environment.
- Move or otherwise transport equipment, books, and other objects that may weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Carry a mobile device for after-hours and weekend emergency support on a rotational basis.
Education and experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science from recognized college or university, three years related experience and training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.